DOT Physicals and Testing
Lanier Urgent Care offers DOT drug screening and DOT alcohol breath testing services. It is our job to make this process as easy as possible and get you back to work! We also provide employer accounts for those that want to set up accounts for their drivers. Give us a call to see how we can serve you and your team.
Why do my drivers need to be drug tested?
- Before hiring a CDL driver to operate a CMV, an employer must receive a negative drug test result.
- If your commercial driver is in an accident, they have to submit a drug and alcohol test.
- A employee that previously tested positive, refused testing or violated prohibitions is required to pass a drug & alcohol screening before returning to work.
- CDL drivers must be randomly tested throughout the year - usually set up by your employer.
- A driver that is suspected to be under the influence can be sent to LUC for immediate testing.
Lanier Urgent Care also regularly provides DOT physicals. The Department of Transportation has regulations for their commercial drivers, requiring them to pass a DOT physical exam conducted by a licensed medical professional. Drivers must also pass drug and alcohol testing. Employers have the option to set up accounts for CDL employees with our team at Lanier Urgent Care. Contact us today to learn more.
DOT Physical FAQs:
- What is the DOT Physical cost? $100
- How long are physicals valid? Up to 24 months if the patient is without a medical condition.
- How do I get a copy of my DOT physical? We give copies upon completion of the exam.
- Do I schedule an appointment? Yes. Call us to schedule your DOT physical.
- Will my health insurance cover this? Health insurance doesn't pay for a DOT physical exam. You or your employer pay for the exam.
- What do I bring with me to the exam? Valid ID, current medications (in the bottles), glasses or contacts if you wear them, stress test and written note from a cardiologist if you have cardiovascular disease.