Effective Ways to Reduce Your Migraine Pain
Have you tried to reduce your migraine pain using pharmaceutical options without adequate results? Many people struggle to manage their pain using prescription and over-the-counter medication. However, when combined with natural pain-relieving therapies, many migraine sufferers report a decrease in pain and an improvement in the quality of life. Consider the following natural strategies to reduce your migraine pain:
- Stay hydrated and drink more water
- Try relaxation techniques like breathing exercises or visualization
- Add meditation to your daily routine
- Choose a cardio activity that increases your heart rate and improves blood flow for at least 30 minutes each day
- Roll out your yoga mat and get your Zen on with gentle stretching
- Eat more fish or take Omega-3 supplements
- Too much caffeine isn’t good for migraines, but one or two cups of coffee a day can have a positive effect on pain
- Schedule a massage
Do you need help managing migraine symptoms? Stop by Lanier Urgent Care today to discuss your pain with one of our healthcare providers. We’ll assess your symptoms and help you find relief as quickly as possible. If it’s your first time experiencing a migraine, we know it can be scary. Our facilities are equipped with top-of-the-line medical technology to rule out any other possible causes of your pain.
Lanier Urgent Care offers several types of routine and emergency medical services for our patients. We’re located in Gainesville, Georgia, at 1429 Thompson Bridge Rd., conveniently located near you. We have extended evening and morning hours until 7:00 p.m. and are open on Saturday and Sunday, too. No matter what your medical needs may be, we’re here for you. Visit us online at https://www.lanieruc.com to learn more about our payment options, services, and to schedule a walk-in appointment.